Union City Redevelopment Agency ("UCRA") Request for Proposals From Individuals or Firms Interested in Providing "Auditing Services" for the UCRA for the Period January 16, 2018 through December 31, 2018
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the UCRA seeks Requests for Proposals ("RFPs") for the provision of "Auditing Services" for a contract period beginning on January 16, 2018, and ending on December 31, 2018. All candidates are required to comply with N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27 as amended. (Affirmative Action). Each candidate shall submit proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57). The successful candidate must have significant experience in public sector auditing. The successful candidate will provide the UCRA with consulting services related, but not necessarily limited to:
1. Making routine investigations, examinations, and providing annual audits of books and financial records and preparing reports thereof as required by law;
2. Making inspections of varied financial transactions and records to ensure that concerned regulations and accounting procedures are observed;
3. Compiling financial and other statements and reports using basic data;
4. Making periodic reviews of financial transactions and supplements these reviews by field visits to verify accounting and fiscal practices;
5. Preparing detailed reports of audits containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations;
6. Maintaining essential auditing records and files;
7. Utilizing or learning to utilize diverse types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units;
8. Preparing UCRA audit report for year-end audit;
9. Any other thing necessary and proper for completion of your duties; and
10. Any other matter as directed by the UCRA.
Professional Information, Qualifications and Proposals
Copies of this standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the City Clerk. Each interested firm shall submit the following information:
1. Name of Firm;
2. Address of principal place of business and all other offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which auditors will be assigned to work with the UCRA;
3. Areas of Practice;
4. Description of auditor's education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described in this RFP;
5. Description of experience related to public sector auditing, in particular, experience auditing redevelopment agencies and grant funded public projects.
6. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your service to a public entity;
7. The auditor's ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
8. Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services and the time estimates for each individual, all expenses, and where appropriate, total cost of "not to exceed" amount. It is anticipated that the total costs charged by the successful candidate for the year serving as Auditing Services Consultant to UCRA should not exceed $11,000.00; and
9. Any other information which the interested firm deems relevant.
10. Statement of Corporate Ownership (c.52:25-24.2).
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the amounts of their respective participation;
2. Experience and references: Experience must include prior audits of and work with Redevelopment Agencies and other public entities and the reporting requirements / record keeping requirements of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority; including any special audit requirements for grant funds administered through those agencies;
3. Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter; and
4. Cost competitiveness.
Sealed RFP submissions will be publicly opened on January 16, 2018 at 11:00 a.m., by the Municipal Clerk of the City of Union City in her/his office at City Hall, 3715 Palisades Avenue, Union City. Sealed submissions must be received by no later than the above stated time and date by:
Erin Knoedler, RMC, QPA
Deputy Municipal Clerk
City of Union City
3715 Palisade Avenue
Union City, New Jersey 07087
Please submit one original and three (3) copies of the RFP. Use white 8½ "x11" paper and mark clearly, on the outside of the envelope: “Response to RFP -Auditing Services-Union City Redevelopment Agency-Public Open” on January 16, 2018.
Issue Date: 01/04/2018
Issue Time: 9:15 AM
Submission Date: 01/16/2018
Submission Time: 11:00 AM