View Notice Full Notice Information
Union City Redevelopment Agency ("UCRA") Request
for Proposals for Individuals or Firms interested in
serving as a Planning Consultant to provide
professional services to assist in the review of
redevelopment submissions to UCRA for the Period
February 21, 2019 through December 31, 2019
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the UCRA seeks Requests for Proposals (“RFPs") for the position of Planning Consultant to UCRA to assist in the review of redevelopment submissions, including preliminary and final site plans, to determine compliance with Redevelopment Area Plans within City of Union City for a contract period beginning on February 21, 2019 and ending December 31, 2019. All candidates are required to comply with N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27, as amended. (Affirmative Action). Each candidate that is a business shall submit proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57). The successful candidate must have significant expertise with Redevelopment Area Plans in urban settings and conducting reviews of site plans and concept plans on the behalf of municipalities or redevelopment agencies. The successful candidate will provide the UCRA with consulting services related, but not necessarily limited to:
1. Providing technical assistance and expertise in reviewing and analyzing site plans and determining compliance with the relevant redevelopment plan;
2. Attending regular and special meetings of the UCRA Board of Commissioners and meetings with UCRA’s staff as needed; and
3. Any other factors demonstrated to be in the best interest of the Agency.
Professional Information, Qualifications and Proposals
Copies of this standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the City Clerk. Each interested firm shall submit the following information:
1. Name of Firm;
2. Address of principal place of business and all other offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which personnel will be assigned to work with the UCRA;
3. Areas of Practice;
4. Description of candidate’s education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of candidate’s experience with projects similar to those described above;
5. Experience and reputation in the field and holder of all appropriate licenses;
6. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your service to a public entity;
7. Examples of your record of success servicing public entities;
8. The candidate's ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
9. Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services and the time estimates for each individual, all expenses, and where appropriate, total cost of "not to exceed" amount. It is anticipated that the total costs charged by the successful candidate for the year serving as Planning Consultant to UCRA should not exceed $9,000.00; and
10. Any other information which the interested firm deems relevant.
11. Statement of Corporate Ownership (c.52:25-24.2).
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Experience and reputation in the field and holder of all appropriate licenses;
2. Qualifications for the individuals who will perform the tasks and the degree of their respective participation;
3. Knowledge of the Agency, Union City and the subject matter to be addressed under the contract;
4. Availability to accommodate any required meetings of the Agency and public meetings or hearings of the Agency; and
5. Any other factors demonstrated to be in the best interest of the Agency.
Sealed RFP submissions will be publicly opened at 11:00 a.m. on February 14, 2019, by the Municipal Clerk of the City of Union City or her/his designee in his office at City Hall, 3715 Palisades Avenue, Union City. Sealed submissions must be received by no later than the above stated time and date by:
Erin M. Knoedler, RMC, QPA
City of Union City
3715 Palisade Avenue
Union City, New Jersey 07087
Please submit one original and three (3) copies of the RFP. Use white 8 ½”x11” paper and mark clearly, on the outside of the envelope: “Response to Request for Professional Services for Planning Consultant” on February 14, 2019.
Issue Date: 01/28/2019
Issue Time: 3:10 PM
Submission Date: 02/14/2019
Submission Time: 11:00 AM